*** I wanted to name this blog post “While being interviewed on 20/20, Dr. Evil is interrupted by a race car driver who brings news that Pedro Martinez has died of stomach ulcers” but that is too long. ***
Conan has a comedy bit he does where he casts celebrity look-a-likes in a fake made-for-TV movie about current events. We’ve always wondered how on earth he comes up with the photo matches that look so similar to the real life folks. Now we know!
In case you were wondering who these folks were:
- Telly Savalas – Academy Award winning actor whose bad guy role in James Bond was spoofed as Dr. Evil in the Austin Powers movies
- Barbara Walters – Not quite sure how Trey looks like her
- Mika Hakkinen – Two-time Formula One champion
- Pedro Martinez – One of the best pitchers in baseball history
- Barry Marshall – A doctor who won a Nobel Prize in 2005