We swung by another little Macon city park in the quaint neighborhood of Ingleside. In addition to the usual playground set, swing set, and picnic table, this park had little garden with a brick walkway. Unfortunately, the garden hasn’t been well kept and the bushes were overgrown, the benches covered in moss, and the bricks falling apart.
In the middle of the rundown brick garden is a plaque with in honor of J. Clay Murphey. He was a very successful and charitable businessman who donated the park to the city in 1949. He was also very active in the Macon Rotary Club and United Way of Central Georgia.