This morning when Trey woke up I heard him gagging and noticed something was in his mouth. I quickly stuck my finger in his mouth and pulled out a small black plastic screw. I looked around his crib and could not figure out what the screw had come from.This evening Heidi mentioned that maybe it was from his stuffed animals in his crib. I was a bit doubtful but sure enough, upon closer inspection one of them was missing an eye. I plucked the other eye out of the small stuffed animal sheep to prevent the incident from happening again. He’ll have to make do with a blind sheep for now.
Now before I rant about how this “Made in China” toy is a serious health hazard I must admit that they have me on a technicality. The tag does read “5 years and up”. Nonetheless, who’s bright idea was it to use hard plastic screws as eyeballs? Who knows what kind of damage those sharp points could have done to his windpipe or intestines had he swallowed them! Parents BEWARE!